Nature News | Daily sun
Giant sea snail plan to rescue Barrier Reef By Sun Online Desk | Last Updated: 18th September, 2017, 10:00

The snails -- which can grow to half a metre -- have a well developed sense of smell and can hunt their prey by scent alone

Giant sea snail plan to rescue Barrier Reef

Canada climate minister pushes for Paris accord progress Canada climate minister pushes for Paris accord progress

Nearly 200 countries agreed in Paris at the end of 2015 to limit or reduce carbon dioxide emissions


Future seems bleak for world's oldest tree species Future seems bleak for world's oldest tree species

The bristlecone pine can live 5,000 years, making it the oldest individually growing organism on the planet


Extremely rare white giraffe found in Kenya Extremely rare white giraffe found in Kenya

A video features two white reticulated giraffes, a mother and her calf walking together through the trees


Snow leopard off endangered list Snow leopard off endangered list

The elegant yet elusive creatures, which live in the mountains of central Asia, are first listed as endangered by the IUCN in 1972


World’s oldest panda dies aged 37 in China World’s oldest panda dies aged 37 in China

Basi spent some time abroad when she was loaned to the San Diego Zoo for six months in 1987


Rescued great white shark, nicknamed 'Fluffy', released into ocean Rescued great white shark, nicknamed 'Fluffy', released into ocean

The thrashing 1.5-metre (4.9-foot) animal, nicknamed "Fluffy" by marine experts, came ashore at busy Manly beach on Monday


Two-headed rattlesnake found in United States Two-headed rattlesnake found in United States

The 2-headed snake is freaking people out on social media


That's a naturally pink waterfall in Canada Waterfall turns pink in Canada naturally

It’s a phenomenon that happens after a heavy rainfall hits the region as agrolite sediment released into the water and makes the river look pink


Largest solar flare in 12 years observed Largest solar flare in 12 years observed

The largest X-class flare was measured to have an energy level of X9.3 (where X9 is nine times more powerful than X1)


Climate change threatens Latin America coffee producers Climate change threatens Latin America coffee producers

High quality coffees are most at risk -- with Arabica coffee unable to withstand even slight fluctuations in temperature, humidity and sunlight


MDBs increase climate financing to $27.4b in 2016 MDBs increase climate financing to $27.4b in 2016

Of the total, $21.2 billion or 77 percent was dedicated to climate mitigation finance, with the remaining 23 percent devoted to climate adaptation


China mulls petrol car ban, boosting electric vehicles China mulls petrol car ban, boosting electric vehicles

The government introduced in June a draft regulation to compel automakers to produce more electrically-powered vehicles by 2020


Evacuated Dolphins arrive in Los Angeles for extended stay Evacuated Dolphins arrive in LA for extended stay

The Dolphins evacuated from South Florida before the storm's arrival and will practice in Oxnard, California, next week


Canada, EU, China to co-host September climate meeting Canada, EU, China to co-host September climate meeting

The ministerial meeting will include representatives from some 30 countries


S.Korea grants S.Korea grants "conditional" approval to THAAD environmental assessment

South Korea's Ministry of Environment decided to grant a "conditional" approval to a green audit on the site of the US THAAD

 1 2 3 >  End ›
Top