Potatoes are infamous. Many think that they contribute to weight gain, while these actually come loaded with many essential micronutrients like Vitamin A, C, B, iron and phosphorous.
Potatoes that helps fight inflammation and high blood pressure apart from calming the nerves.Potatoes, in general, are loaded with potassium, fibre, B vitamins, manganese and Vitamin C. Healing Foods describes potatoes to be especially helpful in detoxification and acidity regulation in the body.
Apart from shining bright in the cooking space, there are several other uses of potatoes unknown to most of us. Its juice, for instance, has long been used in cleaning silverware, getting rid of rust as well as tackling skin-related issues.
6 Benefits of potato juice:
1. "Drinking the juice is a quick way to benefit from its anti-inflammatory properties," DK, UK, Healing Foods.
2. Topical application of potato juice can help combat and treat a range of skin related issues such as skin darkening, scars, spots, blemishes, hard skin, et cetera.
3. It can also be used to soften nail cuticles.
4. Potato juice also works as a skin brightening agent.
5. It works wonders for the under-eye area.
6. It helps reduce dark circles.
We should use potato juice under the eyes. It has skin tightening properties and can reduce premature ageing and wrinkles. Since the skin under our eyes is thin, it tends to wrinkle fast, potato juice comes to the rescue.
Easy home remedies
People can try an easy anti-darkening scrub by combining rock salt with equal quantities of lemon juice and potato juice. Mix well and gently rub on the affected area.
Potato juice can be mixed with dahi (curd) or honey and used for matured skin. It will help tighten the skin and render a clearer, brighter glow.
Potato juice can easily be combined with a range of skin-benefitting ingredients like cucumber juice, fuller's earth (Multani mitti), besan, aloe vera and even olive oil.