Ginger is surprisingly the most widely used dietary condiment in the world today. It is actually part of the plant family that includes turmeric and cardamom, which may explain why the health benefits of ginger are so extraordinary.
The Chinese and Indians have used ginger tonics to treat ailments for over 4,700 years, and it was a priceless commodity during the Roman Empire trade around the coming of Christ because of its medicinal properties.
Here are the top ginger health benefits proven by medical studies:
1.Stroke and Heart Disease: Two of the biggest killers on the planet may be kept at bay with regular ginger use, especially when eaten with other key superfoods. Garlic, ginger and onions all have an anti-blood-clotting ability, yet when they are eaten together they are a powerful mainstay against heart attacks and stroke.
2. Indigestion and Nausea: Ginger has been used for thousands of years as an effective digestive aid and natural remedy for nausea.
Eating whole ginger, drinking fresh ginger juice and inhaling diffused ginger essential oil are all highly effective ways to curb stomach disorders.
3. Fungal Infections: One of the trickier issues to control because they Are increasingly resistant to conventional medicine, fungal infections do not stand a chance against ginger.
4. Ulcers and GERD: Since the 1980s, researchers have known that ginger can cure stomach ulcers. More recently, Indian scientists have been able to more closely quantify this medicinal effect. In a study published in the journal Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, they discovered the ginger was six to eight times more potent than Prevacid, the drug of choice to treat GERD.
5. Pain: Ginger is known for its anti-pain property. When consume spicy pepper, ginger’s burn only lasts but a second, and researchers discovered that it “affects the pain pathways directly but also relieves the inflammation, which in itself causes pain.”
6. Diabetes: Gingerols are widely known to naturally improve diabetes and enhance insulin sensitivity. Simply put, ginger not only helps prevent and reverse diabetes itself — it protects against and improves diabetic complications like diabetic retinopathy.