Pakistan’s interior ministry put four players-- Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Irfan and Shahzaib Hasan-- on an exit control list to prevent them from leaving Pakistan as the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has launched its investigation into the corruption allegations emanating from the 2017 PSL.
Those players also previously suspended by the PCB in connection to the case.
The fifth provisionally suspended player Nasir Jamshed’s lawyer informed the PCB of his inability to travel to Lahore. The FIA has no treaty with England that allows it to bring Jamshed back to Pakistan for investigation.
Jamshed was arrested in the UK as part of the PSL corruption case but was released on bail.
Latif and Irfan had appeared at the Lahore office of the FIA on Monday in response to a summons from the agency, which said a "enquiry has been registered on the complaint of Subhan Ahmed, Chief Operating Officer PCB" and their presence was required.
The PCB, however, distanced themselves from the FIA's inquiry and ESPNcricinfo understands the board had only written to the FIA requesting assistance in obtaining forensic information from mobile phones in connection to the PSL case.
"No complaint has been made by PCB to FIA to launch an investigation into players' conduct", Ahmed told ESPNcricinfo."We have simply asked FIA to certify the authenticity of the data in players' mobile phones in PCB's possession for submission to anti-corruption tribunal as evidence".
The PCB had formed a three-member tribunal headed by justice Asghar Haider (retired), and including former PCB chairman Tauqir Zia and former wicketkeeper Wasim Bari to hear the cases of Sharjeel and Latif, who had contested some of the charges against them. The hearing was set for March 24. Irfan and Shahzaib had not yet responded to the charge sheet.
Source: ESPN Cricinfo