Youth electrocuted in Chittagong | daily-sun.com

Youth electrocuted in Chittagong

Sun Online Desk     16th May, 2017 12:23:10 printer

Youth electrocuted in Chittagong




A youth died of electrocution in Patharghata brick field road area under Kotwali Thana of the port city in the small hours of Tuesday, reports UNB.

The deceased was identified as Md Rasel, 23, son of Amir Hossain, hailing from Patiya upazila. Rasel along with his family members used to live in Patharghata brick field road area.

Jasim Uddin, officer-in-charge of Kotwali police Station, said that Rasel had a small grocer's shop by the road.

Following complain of a neighbour, police came to the area to evict Rasel's shop on Monday night.

"Rasel came in contact with an electric wire around 12:30am, while he was removing goods from his shop and sustained injuries."

Later, he was rushed to National Hospital where physicians declared him dead on arrival.

The family members, however, claimed that Rasel had fallen on live electric wire after being shoved by Faruk, sub-inspector of C&B Colony Police outpost.

 


Top