Eight shops have been gutted in a fire that broke out at Syed Ali Manson Market in Chandina upazila of Comilla district.
Fire service officials said the fire might be originated from an electric short circuit at a shop at 12:15 am on Wednesday and it soon engulfed the adjoining shops.
On information, two fire fighting units rushed to the spot and extinguished the blaze after two hours of frantic efforts, said Comilla Fire Service Station deputy assistant director Farid Uddin.
Two people, including a fireman, were injured while extinguishing the fire, he added.
The affected shops owners claimed that the extent of losses caused by the fire would be around Tk 30 lakh..