Bali is where the skyline is illuminated at dusk, dotted by charred strokes of clouds, against peculiar orange, red, and yellow colours fading. Below this spectacle, hundreds of couples watch the setting sun, past the emerald water.
Honeymooners abound, the dramatic vistas of Bali play host to thousands on their nuptial bliss, a perfect setting for love, and the promise of a lifetime etched by nature.Bali is perhaps one of the most visited honeymoon destinations in Asia, and for good reason. One of the most affordable honeymoon places, it is the dazzling jewel on the crown of Indonesia. Home to numerous beaches and lakes surrounded by virginal greenery, Bali is very accommodating, and is known to be a haven for those who simply cannot spend a fortune on an European honeymoon.
Some places bring out romance even in the unromantic, and Bali definitely evokes hearts of travellers in such a manner. Here, in Bali couples have the opportunity to spark love and romance; thanks to its azure waters, and idyllic spaces.
Apart from being lost in each other’s company by the sea, you could also take part in various things to do, especially for couples.
• One of the best ways to spend a romantic time here in Bali is to go on an evening cruise with a full course dinner available for you and your loved one. You would be surprised to know that some of the best cruises are in fact less taxing on your pocket.
• Yet another great way to spend your time in Bali is by exploring the rural side of it, and experiencing its lakes and thatched homes dotted across the countryside. Enjoying the beauty of the countryside is free of cost.
• The Bali experience also gets you intoxicated with its rich culture and heritage. Home to numerous old temples, this is where you can find romance in the divine as well. The holiest temple of Bali, the Pura Besakih would be a good place for new couples to go and seek blessings. It is an extensive temple, with beautiful architecture, definitely a highlight of your trip. Temples here, mostly, do not have an entry fee.
• Water adventures such as snorkelling and scuba diving are two of the most sought-after activities in Bali, and couples can have quite some time indulging in these.
• Bali is also known for rejuvenating massages and spas at a very low cost. A couple’s massage or spa would be a great way to do something together here in Bali. It also provides couples with an opportunity to go on a picnic at some of the most beautiful locations.
Dining in Bali for a romantic experience
Dining in Bali is yet another great experience, and date nights can be truly exciting, while also being tasty at the same time!
You can expect lakeside dinner, seaside lunches, and more here. Of course, dining in candlelight is an option, but we suggest you go the whole nine yards and make it as romantic as possible. You can get the exclusive Bali experience at a low cost in some of the best restaurants, be it rooftop, by the lake, or even on a cruise. There are quite a few theme-based restaurants here in Bali that you should explore for a unique dining experience. Part of Indonesian cuisine, Balinese cuisine consists of fresh vegetables, meat, and fish. It borrows influences from Indian and Chinese cuisines as well. Brem is a Balinese rice wine that is a must-try.