Fox News parts ways with host accused of misconduct | daily-sun.com

Fox News parts ways with host accused of misconduct

AFP     10th September, 2017 12:53:21 printer

Fox News parts ways with host accused of misconduct

The US cable news network Fox News announced Friday its decision to "part ways" with a former host suspended amid allegations he had texted unsolicited lewd images to women co-workers.

 

"Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably," the spokesperson said, adding that Fox was canceling the program he had hosted.

 

Bolling was suspended last month pending an investigation into the accusations against him. Asked about the probe, the Fox spokesperson said "outside counsel undertook a privileged review of the allegations."

 

It was the latest in a string of sexual harassment cases to rock Fox News, America's most watched cable news channel and a favorite among US conservatives.

 

The suspension followed a HuffPost report that Bolling sent an image of male genitalia to two colleagues at Fox Business and one at Fox News.

 

The news report said the messages were sent several years ago, on separate occasions.

 

Last year, Fox News's powerful chairman Roger Ailes left the company following multiple allegations of sexual misconduct.

 

And in April of this year, the network parted ways with its star anchor Bill O'Reilly following a flood of sexual harassment accusations that triggered a crash in advertising sales.

 

In July, Jamie Horowitz, who oversaw programming for Fox Sports, was abruptly fired in Los Angeles over allegations of misconduct.

.

Top