Couple electrocuted in Rangamati | 2017-09-17 |

Couple electrocuted in Rangamati

Sun Online Desk     17th September, 2017 10:08:46 printer

Couple electrocuted in Rangamati




A couple died from electrocution at Bogachhari in Naniarchar upazila of Rangamati early Sunday.


The deceased were identified as Khorshed Miah and his wife Rasheda Begum.


Shafiqul Islam, assistant inspector of Naniarchar Police Station, said the tin-shed house of Khorshed got electrified as a wire of Mohalchhari-Naniarchar grid line fell on its roof during a storm early in the morning, reports UNB. 


Later, Khorshed got electrocuted while trying to come out of the house. Her wife met the same fate as she tried to rescue Khorshed. They died on the spot.


On information, a team of Rangamati Power Distribution Department went to the spot in the morning.


Later, police recovered the bodies.