Aakriti Kochar, a make-up expert at Oriflame India and Shikhee Agrawal, Head Training at The Body Shop India, have listed few tips that men can find useful:
* Know about your face and opt for shaping your beard to fit your face cut. All beards are not created equally, it depends on your face as some faces are round and some are square.
* Don’t leave your beard dry for more than 24 hours.Choose lukewarm water to wash your face. Eating foods high in water content can help hydrate your skin from the inside-out.
* Choose the right products for your hair to style. Use cream wax or any other mild wax to style your hair. If you opt for blowdrying your hair, use a heat protector before or some volume mousse for better styling.
* Manicure and pedicure are not only for women, cuticle removal and groomed nails are basic hygiene everyone needs to follow today.
* Do not thread or over pluck your eye brows. Maintain decent shape by tweezing just the extras to make it decent shape and if you have that unibrow, get rid of it now.
* Try clay masks or homemade hydrating masks for keeping your skin and hair fresh- looking and healthy. Clean your beard with a beard wash and moisturise it on regular basis to keep your skin healthy.
* Oil up with nutritious food. Your beard is made from proteins and fats which also rely on vitamins. Make sure you add up nuts, lean meat, egg yolk and green leafy vegetables to your diet to fuel your body system.
* Men’s skin is rough and tough but needs added care in terms of skin renewal since it has a tendency to sweat more and oil glands are more active. Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells and make your skin looking fresh and radiant.
Post-exfoliation, ensure your nourish and protect your skin from sun and pollution.
* Always make it a point to wear a lightweight hydrating moisturiser and sunblock to protect your skin from damage. Despite the fact that your skin is more oily, it still needs added nourishment from outside.