The US has warned Palestinians against cancelling talks with Vice-President Mike Pence, after Washington recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
It would be "counterproductive" to scrap talks between Mr Pence and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas planned later this month, the US said.
A senior Palestinian official earlier said Mr Pence would not be welcome.
President Donald Trump's announcement on Jerusalem this week reversed decades of US policy on Jerusalem's status.
On Thursday, the White House said the vice-president planned to hold the meeting as planned.
During his visit - scheduled for the second half of December - Mr Pence will also visit Israel and Egypt.
Earlier in the day, Jibril Rajoub, a senior official in Mr Abbas' Fatah party, said Mr Pence was "not welcome" in the Palestinian territories.
Mr Rajoub added that the meeting with the Palestinian leader would not take place.
Mr Abbas has not personally commented on the issue, reports BBC..