Two siblings were burnt alive in a fire that broke out at their shanty at Hemayetpur in Savar, on the outskirts of the city, on Saturday midnight, UNB reports.
The deceased were identified as Jahid, 13, and Nahid, 6, sons of Jobeda Begum, hailing from Thrimohini village in Raninangar upazila of Naogaon.
The fire broke out at a shanty near Tentuljhora Government High School from candle at night when the duo was asleep, leaving both of them dead on the spot, said Mohsin Miah, in-charge of Savar Fire Service.
On information, two firefighting units rushed in and doused the blaze.
Later, they recovered the charred bodies of the siblings from the slum and sent it to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) for autopsy..