When the hormones kick in during your teen years, taking special care of your hair will help you in the long run, suggest experts.
Experts have listed tips for teenagers:
* Get your hair trimmed every 5-6 weeks. Getting rid of dead hair is extremely essential.
* Before you take a shower, apply olive oil to your hair ends in the shower.This will help prevent split ends.
* Take egg whites and massage it into your scalp for about 5 minutes. Rinse off with a bit of shampoo. This will make your hair beyond shiny and soft.
* Shampoos and conditioners are important products to keep your hair clean and healthy. Try to use one that moisturises and hydrates your hair.
* Avoid using hot water to have a hair bath. Hot water can dry out your hair faster and leave your scalp feeling irritated and tight.
* Swimming in chlorine-filtered water can impact your hair.
* Avoid experimenting with hot styling tools as they can have a negative impact on your hair.
* Split ends are exactly what the word states — ends that have split in two or even three strands because of harsh towel drying, excessive combing and unprotected heating. When you get out of the shower, grab a towel and gently squeeze the water out instead of harshly rubbing the hair together.
* Wash your hair using purifying shampoos that are mild and gentle, and aid in getting rid of excess oil and sebum.
* Using hydrating masks on rough and dry ends will not only add the required shine to your hair but will enhance your hair in more ways than one.
* Mid-length and ends generally demand extra attention. So, using the right products such as hair serums will help eliminate frizz and add shine to your crowning glory.
* The one thing that all teenagers enjoy is staying up late and having fun. However, a very important way to have great hair is to rest well and have a good night’s sleep.