The world is celebrating International Yoga Day today (Thursday) so make sure you are doing your bit with enthusiasm but don’t forget to gorge on some healthy made-at-home foods post the session.
Experts have listed some recipes that one can easily make at home:
Quinoa Avocado Salad
* Ingredients: 3 tablespoons lime juice: 2 tablespoons avocado oil: ¾ teaspoon garlic powder: ½ teaspoon salt: ¼ teaspoon ground pepper: 3 cups cooked quinoa, cooled: 2 medium avocados, chopped: 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved: 1 cup diced cucumber: ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro: 1 scallion, sliced
* Method: Whisk lime juice, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl: Add quinoa, avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro and scallion: Stir gently until combined: Refrigerate for up to 4 hours
Mixed bean salad
For the salad: 1 x 400g tin mixed bean salad, drained and rinsed: 2 spring onions, finely chopped: 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced: 1 large tomato, deseeded and finely diced: salt and freshly ground black pepper
* For the dressing: 3 tablespoon olive oil: 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar: 1 tablespoon sugar: 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
* Method: Put all the salad ingredients in a bowl and mix well; Mix the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl or jug until well combined; Pour the dressing over the salad, season well with salt and pepper and toss together
Experts have some recipes to share.
Apple Cinnamon Detox water
Ingredients: Red Apple thinly sliced- 750gm: Cinnamon Stick- 4nos : Honey- 30ml: Mint fresh- 30gm: Water- 4liter
* Method: Combined all ingredients in glass jar. Keep overnight in freeze: Serve chilled