Delicious and decadent, this dish will definitely make your guests wanting more. Add additional ingredients like blueberries and cream cheese, cinnamon apples, nuts, and dried fruit for a more customized taste.
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 (8 ounce) loaf crusty French bread, cut into bite-size pieces, or as needed
• 2 cups milk
• 6 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or as needed
• Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish.
• Stir 1 cup brown sugar and butter together in a saucepan over medium-low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves into butter, for 2 to 4 minutes.
• Pour into prepared baking dish and spread a 1 1/2- to 2-inch layer of bread pieces over the top.
• Beat milk, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a bowl; pour milk mixture over bread into the baking dish and move bread as necessary to ensure all bread is absorbing liquid.
• Sprinkle cinnamon over the top.Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours to overnight.
• Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Remove and discard plastic wrap from baking dish and sprinkle remaining brown sugar over the top of the bread mixture.
• Bake in the preheated oven until browned and bubbling, for about 30 minutes.