Infant dies, 2 injured in city fire | 2018-04-26 | daily-sun.com

Infant dies, 2 injured in city fire

    26 April, 2018 12:00 AM printer

A seven-month-old boy was burnt to death and his parents sustained injuries as a fire broke out at a building in city’s Mirpur area early Wednesday, report UNB.

The deceased was identified as Tamim while the injured are Manik, 35, and his wife Mina, 28.

The fire, originated from a cigarette butt, started on the ground floor of a four-storey building around 11:45 and spread soon, said Rashed Shikdar, officer of Fire Service and Civil Defense central control room.

The fire spread all over the room due to the leakage of gas line, he said.

They were taken to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where doctors declared Tamim dead around 1:30am.

The injured were undergoing treatment at the burn unit of DMCH, he added.

.

Top