Love is an ethereal feeling but sometimes we are in a dilemma of whom we really love, do we really love that person, are we making a mistake, etc. Love is a mutual feeling of respect, trust, faith, etc and it is like a plant, the more you take care of it, it will grow better and it will shade you in your worse days. Love is a beautiful friendship, a lifelong one too and though at times we face harsh realities and we find out some people are not really who they were, we also discover the beauty of this relationship at other times. Here is a compilation of some women expressing the moment they realized they are in love.
1. "My boyfriend and I were about to watch football so we had ordered a pizza. The pizza place was about three blocks from the house so he just walked to pick it up. After returning, we realized that my ranch didn't make it in the box. Not a big deal so I went to sit down in the living room. About 10–15 minutes had passed and my boyfriend finally comes to join me — with ranch. Turns out, he walked all the way back to the pizza place in the freezing cold to get it for me. That was the moment I knew that I loved him."
2. "He asked, 'Are you busy for the next 80 years or so?' I said, 'Why?' He said, 'I thought we would hang out or something :)'. I knew at that point he loved me and I loved him. He understood my quirky sense of humor."
3. "We had been friends for about a year and at the time I was dating someone else. It was my 19th birthday and I had jokingly given him a hard time for not being the first person to wish me a happy birthday. At 11:59 p.m. he called me and said, 'I know I wasn't the first person to wish you a happy birthday, but I wanted to be the last.' Looking back, that's when I should have known and kicked the other guy to the curb!"
4. "We met at college, lived on the same floor. I didn't like him at all at first. I knew I loved him two months later when we were dating and I woke up at 2 a.m. to him rubbing my back because I had been coughing in my sleep because of my asthma."
5. "My boyfriend is constantly rolling his eyes at how much nail polish I own and is always saying I need to get rid of some (as if!). Okay, I'll admit, my collection is getting a little out of hand... One day, I glanced over at what he was so intrigued by on his phone and saw that he was looking at DIY videos on how to build nail polish shelves to hang on the wall. I knew right away that I was in love."
6. "We were neighbors in college. I was tanning on his roof one day and he was on his way to work. Before he left he stuck his hand out the window and handed me an iced coffee. That's pretty much all it took."
7. "I knew I was in love when I would catch myself watching him watch the movie instead of watching the movie itself."
8. "He came to my home town with me to go to an annual festival and we were lying together in a field on the Saturday night watching the fireworks. I just looked at him watching them and I knew. My heart felt like it would explode if I didn't tell him. It was just a perfect moment."
9.” We were just friends but one day he said to me, “I want to be your best friend for my whole life and I want to live with you”..Soulmate is a bigger definition for best friend for life and I knew then whom Iwanted.”
10. "He lives over an hour away from where I go to school, so I only get to see him about twice a month. I had a really rough semester and when I went to Mississippi he took me to the beach, we sat on the dock, and he played a song he had written for me. I burst into tears. That's when I knew he was The One."
11. "It's one of those situations where 'you know when you know.' I know back in sixth grade. There is no definitive moment, but the little ones mean everything. But mostly, everything is easy with him. It's easy to be happy, it's easy to laugh, it's easy to be sad or frustrated or angry; not necessarily directed at him but he doesn't ignore or deny me these feelings in life even if they're for no reason. Life in general is honestly easier with him by my side."
12. "The moment he asked me to call him as soon as I was inside my house with my doors locked because calling him from my garage did not signify I was 'home safe.'"
13. "I was sitting at my computer doing some work, and he came over, touched my shoulder, and kissed the top of my head. I was overwhelmed by the amount of love I felt at that time. It was nice to have a simple gesture that he knew wouldn't distract me from what I was doing, but showed that he appreciated me."
14. "When he surprised me by driving two hours just to say 'I love you' (he said it first) and only being able to stay 15 minutes because he had to be back for work. We're still going strong after 11 years."
15. "When we first held hands. It was like a shock through my body. We didn't let go after that. Nine years later and we feel the same way."
16. "I met my husband at a wedding for a friend, and at the time, I was living 2,500 miles away in California. We talked via text, Facebook, and phone. I knew that it was true love when he asked me if I wanted to come back to Wisconsin and I said yes. I gave up my California life to go back to frozen Wisconsin. It worked out though; we got married six years later."
17. “We used to talk over Facebook but suddenly I started missing him when he was not around and though he is from another country, I felt like my heart beated with his. I knew I loved him then”
18. "I was having a horrible day. Was fighting with my best friend and just wasn't feeling well. My boyfriend left his house, where he had his friends over for an important football game on TV, came to my house and took me for pizza. If that isn't love, I'm not sure what is."
19.” We were married for a long time. We had gone to a trip with friends and family and I somehow got lost in hat trip. The only person I could think of to come and rescue me was my better half. When he was not around, I realized how much I loved him.”
20. "We were both studying for a major tests we had coming up. I remember looking up at him totally focused on what he was doing. I knew I could just be a nerd with him every single day."
21. "Honestly, it wasn't some fairytale moment and it wasn't on an extravagant date somewhere. We were sitting in his truck talking and I said something (I guess it was funny) and he laughed and then the way he looked at me was unforgettable. I knew right then I never wanted to go another day without hearing his laugh or seeing his face.
22. "I had gone to spend a weekend with him at school (he's still a senior in college) and I was nervous about meeting his friends there for the first time. But when I got there, they all knew so much about me! It was obvious that he was proud to talk about me all the time. The way he looked at me joking and laughing with his friends really did it for me."
23. "I fell fast and hard. But the moment I truly realized I love him was when both of us were on the couch, laughing until we both started crying hysterically. Even after the longest days at work, I know I will be happy when I come home."
24. "When he voluntarily gives up his plans for the day to go to one of my many doctor appointments with me to hold my hand."
25. "My back got incredibly sunburnt on a vacation me and my guy took to Florida. He bought a ginormous bottle of aloe and gently applied it to my back every 30 minutes all day without a single complaint. In those moments, I discovered I was in love with that man. I like to say ... 'You had me at aloe.' Not exactly the love scene I imagined for myself when sobbing to Jerry Maguire, but it's my love story."
Courtesy of Cosmopolitan.com