After long wintery nights, it is finally that time of the year where long days of outside fun, road trips and ice cream dripping down our sticky fingers wait ahead. Summer is the warmest season is also the most fun time of the year with bright coloured flowers and juicy fruits available around us. With hot air blowing in our face, sweat trickling down our necks and skin exposed to harmful UV rays, it gets really irritating to live with itchy skin, tanned and blown out of proportions and using heavy moisturizing creams looks like a task. To save time and effort, it is time to switch to much natural and healthier alternatives like essential oils and superfoods. These products do wonders on the skin and rejuvenate the body.Here, we have curated a list of some essential oils and superfoods that are safe to be used throughout the summers:
1) Geranium Oil – Geranium basic oil is extricated from the stem and leaves of the geranium plant Pelargonium Odorantissimmum and is generally utilized in fragrance based treatment for its numerous medical advantages. It was earlier used by the Egyptians to promote beautifully radiant skin and keep ageing at bay. But it is presently used to treat skin issues like skin inflammation and irritation, reduce anxiety and depression and balance hormones. It adds an adjusting freshness to the late spring body care items.
2) Lime Oil – Lime oil is extracted from Citrus Aurantifolia, this oil is splendid, as Ayurveda has used it to treat a wide range of medical problems for over 1,000 years. It is a standout amongst the most prevalent citrus oil known for its adaptability and amazing cancer prevention agent properties. It exhibits convincing astringent properties and clears bounty oil from the skin. Washes down toxins from the body and is broadly used to invigorate lymphatic seepage, battle fungi and bacteria rejuvenate vitality and cleanse the skin.
3) Goji berries – Goji berries, otherwise called Lycium Barbarum or wolfberries, have been in popular use as a medicine in the Chinese tradition for over 2000 years. These berries have a sweet taste and thusly can be devoured crude or as a juice or natural tea. These contain large amounts of cancer prevention agents, which ensures the body against free radicals. A portion of the numerous advantages of these berries are the capacity to shield eyes from age-related infections, advances solid skin, supply elevated amounts of cell reinforcements, Vitamin C and Vitamin A, helps resistant framework and shields the body from large amounts of aggravation.
4) Quinoa – Quinoa is the most prevalent superfood on the planet for its extensive rundown of medical advantages. It comes in three sorts: white, red and dark, and incorporates plant cell reinforcements called flavonoids. It is sans gluten, high in protein and one of only a handful couple of plant nourishment that contains measures of every one of the nine basic amino acids. It is exceptionally high in its fibre substance and diminishes glucose levels, brings down cholesterol, and assists with weight reduction. It additionally contains lysine, which is fundamental for tissue development and fixes.
5) Cedarwood Oil – Cedarwood oil is a woody-scented oil that is obtained from Juniperus Virginiana tree, local to North America, through steam refining. It is believed to be one of the primary essential oils to have been extracted at any point. Usually utilized as a quieting specialist to help reduce pressure and nervousness, it is yellow in colour and can be inhaled as a vapour, applied as a back rub oil mix or blended with facial creams.Aromatherapy and Ayurveda have collectively contributed to a much healthy lifestyle and body, in general. These organic products can be used on a regular basis but should be discontinued in case of any breakout or allergy.