Acne is common skin condition which causes bumps to form on the surface of the skin. These bumps are mostly whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples and can form anywhere on the skin, especially on the face, neck, back and shoulder area. Acne usually occurs when the pores of the skin get clogged with oil and dead skin. This condition is common among older children and teens who are going through puberty. However, following a healthy diet plan can help prevent acne and gradually get rid of it.
To help to have flawless skin, Dt. Shikha Mahajan, holistic nutritionist and founder of Diet Podium, shares a few tips and lifestyle changes that you must adopt:● Drinking water is extremely beneficial for the overall health, including skin health.
● Keeping sugar out of your daily diet is just an extra mile to achieve that healthy glowing skin.
● Processed foods tend to contain more sugar, salts, and fats. Avoiding them and opting for fresh and healthy meals is always a better option.
● Ditch dairy! Consumption of dairy has always been linked to increased acne. Though it is important for our body to consume calcium and proteins but choosing a alternatives like Greek yogurt is the way to go.
● Opting for green and leafy vegetables is the right way to avoid acne. It has been proven that beets, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumber, kale, lettuce, onions, peas, peppers and spinach are some recommended food options.
● Following a Mediterranean diet and consuming green tea has proven to be good for the skin.