2 workers die ‘inhaling toxic gas’ in Bogura

Sun Online Desk

20th October, 2019 02:20:55 printer

2 workers die ‘inhaling toxic gas’ in Bogura

Two construction workers died after ‘inhaling toxic gas’ while working in a septic tank at Nanglu village of Nimgachi union under Dhunat upazila in Bogura on Sunday morning.

The deceased were identified as Mahidul Islam, son of Syed Ali, hailing from Tallatali village of the upazila and Minhajul Islam, 35, son of Tajem Uddin Mandal.

Quoting locals, police and fire service said that Mahidul entered into the under-construction septic tank of Belal Akond’s house for maintenance work around 9:00 am and fainted after inhaling toxic gas inside the tank. Later, Minhajul was also fell unconscious as he entered into the tank to rescue Mahidul.

Being informed by locals, members of fire service and police rescued them and brought to Bogura Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College and Hospital where duty doctor declared them dead.

Shamim Reza, team leader of Dhunat Fire service and Civil Defence, confirmed the matter.


Top